If you are trying to get a device working with ndiswrapper, please help ndiswrapper project wiki by contributing your findings. See HowToContribute
Broadcom BCM4318 HP
Hewlett-Packard Company BCM4318 AirForce One 54g 802.11g Wireless LAN Controller
- Chipset name: Broadcom BCM4318
- PCIID: bus-pci-0000:05:02.0
- Driver: ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp33001-33500/sp33008.exe
- Ndiswrapper version: 1.34
In my particular scenario, using SUSE 10.2, the wireless device was already detected which really threw me. To get ndiswrapper working, make sure GCC and the kernel source is installed. Do this by opening Yast, click on Software Management and search for each, click the check box to install and accept. It will most likely require you to insert the disk to install the libraries. Then open xTerminal and cd to the directory in which ndiswrapper is present. Follow the directions that came with ndiswrapper. */ Important */ From here go into the network configuration, do these steps if the wireless card is already present.
- Click on the device and click Edit.
- Click Advanced and hardware details.
- Change module to: ndiswrapper. After fulfilling these steps restart the computer and type noapic at boot options.
If you need any help feel free to email me at email@example.com Hope it all works!
Using SUSE 10.2 x86_64 on Compaq Presario V2401CL