Wiki has many documents, including Installation, FAQ, Troubleshooting. Many common issues have been addressed here, so read it before asking questions. You can aslo add any useful information to these documents yourself.
Use ndiswrapper forums instead of the Public Forums on project summary page.
You may also use the mailing list if you have questions. Mailing list archive is also available at gmane .
Before going to IRC, read the following.
- When asking for help, give information about chipset (PCI ID or USB chipset info), web link to windows driver, ndiswrapper version, kernel version etc. If it takes some effort for someone to get these details, they may not be as willing to help.
- Very often people come to IRC without reading information in Wiki, which often helps at least identify, if not solve, the problem. This wastes everyone's time. To avoid this, when asking for help, first acknowledge that you have read Wiki; otherwise you may be ignored.
- When you have a question, just ask; don't ask if anyone is there or if it
is okay to ask a question.
- Please do not join only to part a few minutes later. It's very annoying to have someone say something only to leave as you're typing a response. If you're having trouble staying connected then please don't try; instead try posting to the forum. Constantly joining and parting will get you banned -- disable the IRC client's auto reconnect feature.
- Slow responses are often irritating to those trying to quickly answer your questions - please be prompt and to the point. Quick short responses are better than long paragraphs; if you must use long explainations please try to break it up onto multiple messages so others can read it as you type.
- Many times there are multiple conversations that can be difficult to keep track of; when replying to an individual please prefix the message with their username - most IRC clients will highlight lines beginning with your username.
- If you get your problem solved on IRC please do us a favor by documenting the issue on the forum so others may refer to it.
IRC is at irc.freenode.net #ndiswrapper.